How do you research a product or service you are interested in buying? Do you search online, look for reviews, or a company website? Congratulations! You are part of the 89% of consumers who use search engines for purchase decisions.
What do motivated sellers find when they run a search on you or your real estate investing business? Hopefully, they find your website and social media pages. These are the first things customers interact with, and you want them to have a good first impression. How do you do that?
The answer is content! Quality content development does good things for your Real Estate Investing Business, including:
- Build credibility and trust;
- Engage your target audience; and
- Improve your SEO rankings so you can start getting leads for free.
Good content converts, increasing your sales and closing deals. Bad content makes you lose leads to the competition. A content development strategy is essential to help you succeed in real estate investing.
What is Content Development?
Content development is researching, producing, and publishing information that meets a marketing goal. It is not the same as journalism. The word “development” implies a process. The process is a cycle of notions and principles, then execution, analysis, and iteration.
Content development is not a one-and-done process either. It is ongoing, in which you create fresh content and recycle the old. It can have the same intent (or objective) – yours is to connect with audiences and convert leads to contracts, and the content promotes this.
What Does Good Content Development Look Like?
Good content positions you as a valuable, authoritative source in the REI industry and builds trust with homeowners. From social media posts to basic information on your landing pages to the educational content in your blog articles, quality content reads well, is professional and thought-out, follows SEO best practices, and is spelled and formatted correctly.
- Spelling and grammar errors imply a lazy, careless writer, and you will lose credibility with customers.
- Too many words and not enough white space intimidate readers who want to, at a glance, know who you are and what you do.
- Too little information leaves users confused and without a clear sense of what you can do for them.
- SEO best practices help ensure that your content is found and builds your evergreen marketing momentum.
You should know the motivated sellers you want to target in your real estate market, so developing the right amount of information probably sounds easy. However, writing compelling content is another matter.
How to Create Good Content?
Content development involves a few things, but the top three essentials are a content strategy, target personas, and keywords.
- A content strategy outlines who you want to reach with what message and what channels you will leverage.
- Target personas are archetypes of your audiences. These convey their behaviors, personalities, wants and desires, etc. You use personas to drive your content toward seller values and interests.
- Keywords and key phrases are essential to being found in search engines. These terms correspond with search engine optimization (SEO). The right words (and synonyms) improve your chances of appearing when customers run a keyword search in Google, Bing, Yahoo, or another search engine.
You develop a strategy to target personas using keywords. Simple right? Wrong! None of this means a thing if writing is not in your repertoire of talents.
Hire a Content Developer
Do you have the time, or even the skill to write content? This is not a slam! Anyone can write, but not everyone can write engaging and persuasive content without sounding salesy.
Content development is a constant effort, and if someone with the skill and ability for it is available to you, wouldn’t you want to hire them?
A Content Developer is responsible for developing your content strategy and creating its deliverables. This includes content for your website, blog, and social media, but also copy for direct mail and email, SMS, and even cold call scripts. The content must grab and hold the motivated seller’s attention, be informative and nurture leads to convert to closed deals.
At GoForClose, our team of experts includes Content Developers with the Real Estate experience and knowledge to speak to homeowners. We leverage our knowledge of the motivated sellers and apply SEO to target their intent in all the content we produce. Our campaigns are refreshed to remain current to their pain points and encourage them to call or schedule an appointment.
GoForClose is the only all-inclusive marketing agency for real estate investors. We tailor the marketing strategy based on your market and requirements, and provide a warm transfer of leads to you or your sales team. Our team works hard for you, so you can focus on sales and closing deals.
If you have questions or are curious to know more, request a free consultation below.
April Henley is a Professional Writer and our Content Developer. She has 5 years of Real Estate Industry knowledge, and 8 years of experience writing copy for various marketing initiatives. She came to us from a Fortune 500 Real Estate Company (Lennar), where she co-created content for a partnership with Amazon and wrote a variety of multichannel, multipurpose pieces for home buyers and owners.